I started this Valentine's by getting a package in the mail early in the week from my mom. That is another thing my mom is good at. When I was in college and on my mission I always knew I would get something for each holiday and even being married she still sends her kids and/or grandkids something. I love this little sign she gave this year.
She gave a talk recently in church that goes with it so she sent it to each of her kids to read. What a great woman!!
The night before Valentine's I decorated our kitchen table like I always do. Tablecloth, fun toys and candy, new holiday shirts and balloons.
I woke up the next morning to Mark holding a tray of food for me. Breakfast in bed!
He wanted to make me something for breakfast even though he knew I would be doing something big for them. So wheat toast, bananas and hot cocoa were on my menu. Perfect! He also put together a Valentine's mix of love songs I could listen to while I ate. Love him!
When Shortstop woke up we enjoyed pink pop up pancakes and he loved trying to sneak all the candy he could from the table. He was excited about his new coloring books and then he and I enjoyed a scavenger hunt using Valentine's cards that Mark had put together. It was awesome! I would read the clue and Shortstop had to figure it out. He loved it and at the end was a book and some reese's hearts.
There were also a bunch of Valentine's hidden all over the house with sweet messages from Mark to me. It was fun to find them throughout the day.
Mark was going to go to work...but I talked him out of it. (It wasn't that hard). We all got ready in our red shirts and of course my red shoes that I never wear but thought they were perfect for the day.
A little Blue Steel action
We went to our favorite jewelry store, Sierra West, where Mark bought me something he has wanted to buy me for years. A diamond and sapphire ring! Sapphire is my birthstone which I love. He was going to get it for me when Fullback was born but I told him no, it was near Christmas, let's save our money. But yesterday he said "No arguments, I am getting this for you as a Valentine gift and a Thank you for our sons gift." So I picked it out and they are sizing it and I get it tomorrow! We have gone to the same jeweler for everything since Mark bought my engagement ring so he gave us a good deal and said he would re-plate my wedding ring for free. So I get both my rings tomorrow and I can't wait! It is sooo pretty with alternating diamonds and sapphires in a white gold band. Simple and elegant.
After we had lunch and quiet time at home, we went to Wreck It Ralph at the dollar theater.
Shortstop LOVES that movie and had a great time. Fullback was a dream and never fussed. I did have to stand in the back just cause he didn't want to sit but I really didn't mind.
We came home and on my doorstep were a dozen red roses, a teddy bear and chocolates from Mark. Seriously people, I love this man.
I made homemade pizza for dinner and then it was bath time and bedtime for the boys. Mark and I enjoyed our BYU chocolate milk in fancy glasses and relaxed watching some shows. We usually have Martinelli's but chocolate milk just sounded like the right thing to do. Love creamery milk!
I am so blessed to have three very handsome Valentines. My life feels so abundantly blessed that some days I don't even know what to do with myself. I love you Mark. You are truly the love of my life and the best Valentine a girl could ask for.









2 comments:
You definitely do not downplay the holidays! Wow lady! Your family is amazing. And what cute shoes!
Read your blog to catch up. Wow, such awesome memories. It was fun to read, cute Mom and cute boys, all three.
Post a Comment