He is my oldest nephew and I was 12 when he was born. This is how I remember him. But last night Mark and I went to his Court of Honor. That's right, my little nephew was awarded his Eagle. Funny thing is, Mark first met Evan it was at his Arrow of Light ceremony almost 5 years ago. 













It was such a neat night. He and three other boys in his ward were getting their Eagle. Evan is on the far right.

There were a lot of people in attendance; so much love and support. It was really nice to see the boy scout program in action since I was recently called to be a Wolf Den Leader. I have NO idea how to do cub scout stuff but I will learn!
Anyway, back to the evening. There was a great slide show which showed baby pictures and the boys through the years (yes I got teary eyed thinking of being a 12 year old aunt to such a cute baby!), wonderful comments by the young men, awesome patriotic moments,

delicious refreshments (My mom made this cake and it was HUGE! I think it was at least 3 by 2 cakes wide and 2 cakes high),

an invitation for all Eagle scouts to sit in the Eagle's nest (yay Mark!),

parents giving the actual award,



and even a live bald eagle!

Her name is Liberty and she has a wing span of 6 feet. It was gorgeous and amazing to see one so close!






I am so proud of my nephew. He worked so hard on his project making toys for the children's hospital called distraction toys. He isn't even 16 yet and is all done! It is so nice living so close to some of my nieces and nephews. I miss the ones far away but am glad for the ones nearby. Throughout the years I have been able to attend boy scout stuff, his baptism, plays, musicals and even sporting events for Evan. Love that kid!
Shortstop sat on Grandma's lap the whole time and even fell asleep for a little while. Such a sweet boy!


5 comments:
that's so cute that you are a wolf den leader. And a cute tribute to your nephew.
That's so awesome. Seriously SO bummed we missed it. Thanks for putting up pictures so we could see everything!! YAY Evan!!
Thanks for posting these pictures. What a great day! Sad we missed it. And that picture of Evan as a baby does look like Jack. Ethan occasionally looks like Evan. All these handsome Morgan boys!
thanks Jacque!! So glad my sisters chronicle my kids' lives--not my forte!
Love the post and Shortstop does look like Evan. You took some great pictures.
Post a Comment