Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Mmmm...solids



Today was a big day for our family. Shortstop had rice cereal for the first time! I still cannot believe he is old enough for this but he LOVED it. We got him a little travel high chair to attach to our kitchen chairs, which he also enjoyed sitting in.

He loves sitting up but can't quite do it without support. I ordered a Boon Spoon on line and can't wait for it to get here! But we did want to use a very special spoon for his first meal. His Aunt Rachel, Mark's older sister, bought him a silver spoon with a baseball mitt handle from Tiffany's when he was first born.
Wow! Isn't it great?! (My son has something in a little blue box and I still don't.) We love this spoon! It is such a perfect gift from Aunt Rae. So although our apartment is small, and although we may still shop at IKEA, Shortstop will always be able to say he took his first bite from a silver spoon.

Mark and I loved feeding him and taking turns. It was so fun to watch him get the hang of it. He even got mad at me when it was all gone so I made him some more and he basically inhaled it. I think I have a good eater on my hands. We have all entered a very new, and much messier, stage in life.


5 comments:

Lauren said...

What a cool spoon! Those baby firsts are so sweet.

Rachel Durazzani said...

Yay for solids and for (hopefully) sleeping better. He is such a stud. And I love the tongue action in the video. So funny!!!! Sorry I missed the "live" version.

Landon and Dana said...

YEAH!!! Some people said that they waited to start solids because it was a pain, but i started right at 4 months and have LOVED IT! Sounds like he has had a good start so that is awesome. Isn't the look on their face funny when you put in the first bite.... priceless. :) you are such a cute mom jacks!

paulak said...

He is so cute. Love the spoon.

Carol said...

Great spoon, you could almost say he was "born with a silver spoon in his mouth" but that would really hurt during delivery.