Thursday, September 2, 2010

Happy 40th Anniversary Mom and Dad

This last weekend Mark and I were able to go up to Twin Falls for a surprise 40th anniversary wedding dinner for my parents. My sisters did a great job planning it all and keeping it a surprise. Of course not all the siblings could make it and we missed the ones not there, but it was a great weekend. Alicia made a cake, the same flavor as my parents wedding cake, Paula decorated and asked us to wear white and yellow (mom's wedding colors), Melanie coordinated everyone's schedule and financial arrangements, and Rachel compiled a gorgeous book of letters from each kid to mom and dad along with pictures of us as babies and on our wedding day. With Mark and I being there for the weekend (having made up another excuse) we were able to talk my parents into going down to the lake for a nice lunch where everything was set up and everyone was waiting. They were so surprised! Of course we got them in tears, which we all love to try and do. We ate, laughed, talked, let them open the book (they sobbed!) and then they cut their wedding cake. The kids swam most of the time while the adults tried to keep everyone in eyesight. Such a great day! Here are some fun pictures.
View from where we sit by the lake. Gorgeous!

Surprised and emotional.


Decorations

Aren't they so good looking!


Opening their present. I think they liked it!

Cutting the cake



Some of the kids. The rest were out in the water ALL day!



5 comments:

Rachel Durazzani said...

What a great party! You guys got such good pictures of Mom and Dad. Okay, now I am really missing all of you!

Rachel Durazzani said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alicia said...

It was such a fun afternoon, so I told mom for their 45th we need to take a cruise with them and the 14 kids. Wouldn't that be fun?

Carol said...

Loved the day, the great surprise, all the work, having those who were here, the cake, the food, the great book and the husband. It has been a great 40 years. Thanks to all of you, we have some pretty great children, spouses and grandchildren. We are very blessed.

Carrie said...

Finally, some pictures. Thanks, Jacque! So wish I could have been there! I'll make it for he 45th!