Saturday, November 4, 2017

Disneyland and 2 sets of grandparents

Oh Disneyland!  How we love when we get to go.  We didn't think we would be going this year but there were some deals and things we just couldn't pass up so we decided to go in September and invite my parents along.  They have never been able to join us because we like to go during the school year and my dad was a teacher.  But since he is retired, it was perfect!
We met up in Las Vegas with my parents and stayed at the same hotel.  It was fun to have them all to ourselves and for the kids to get some quality time with them.  We decided to do Disneyland mid week to try and avoid some crowds so we left Vegas on Monday morning and drove to Anaheim.  We stayed in a very new hotel called the Courtyard Theme Park Entrance.  It was INCREDIBLE!  The rooms were huge, it had a set of bunk beds, two bathrooms and a breakfast nook.  The kids were ecstatic to be there.  Mark had told them it was our anniversary celebration as well and they brought us champagne and chocolate...it was tempting but we just enjoyed the chocolate.
Ever since this trip, these boys want bunk beds...so that is what they are getting for Christmas.  I am so excited!




We unpacked and got settled and then went to enjoy the hotel water park.  It was so perfect for the age of my kids.  They had a blast.  Once they were tuckered out we went back to shower and get ready for dinner.  Mark's parents were also in town and decided to spend a few days at Disneyland as well so we met up with them for dinner at Mimi's cafe.
We all slept well but were super excited for the next three days in the parks.  My parents stayed at a hotel next to ours so meeting up with them in the mornings was super convenient.  I love walking down main street and get almost emotional!  It was perfect weather too so life was pretty great.  We had the best three days and my parents even took ACE for her nap two of the days so we could stay in the park with the boys.  We were able to spend time with each set of grandparents and I even got to meet up with my best friend Joslyn for a quick hug.  We did all of our normal things like eat Monte Cristo sandwiches, ride our favorites, enjoy main street shopping and stayed until the park closed.  The kids were AWESOME!  We did a couple of new things like the Guardians of the Galaxy ride and Turtle talk with Crush.  That one was soooo fun...both Shortstop and Fullback got to talk to him and ask him questions.  He nicknamed them Luau Luke and Shrimp Shack Jack.  It was so magical for them to talk to a cartoon that was talking back to them.
Not being pregnant and having so many other adults I rode rides I haven't in forever!  I love that place so much. On the last morning when we woke up Mark and I seriously considered just ONE MORE day in the parks but knew we needed to head home.  Can't wait until next time!

 Ready to go in new Disney themed shirts the first day


Let's get going already!

Cute grandma and grandpa.  These two ran circles around us!  They never wanted to take a break, they stayed late and were like little kids!  Fun people to go to Disneyland with, that's for sure

Family pic


These two have the BEST relationship.  She adores him and I think the feeling is mutual



Breakfast nook

Boys in plaid

Keeping everyone in line entertained

Seeing Disneyland through her eyes was a blast!

I refuse to do this ride so I am glad their dad is fun and willing


ACE was nervous to meet Pluto so we got out of line after Luke met him but then she started crying.  Pluto left the line and came over to kneel in front of her until she was happy.  Magical moments

Last day

This Girl!

Cars Land is my favorite and it was decorated for Halloween which was so awesome



Fullback was at such a PERFECT age for this and was so much fun.  He was so energetic and excited about everyone and everything.  ACE and Shortstop were not as in to meeting characters so I love that Fullback wanted to

ACE was napping but I am glad I snagged this pic of Mark's parents.  It was fun to see them for a bit too.
And since we were driving home on our actual anniversary, we toasted with cupcakes and reminisced about the last 11 years

No comments: