So I was hoping the next time I posted would be with a little picture of Shortstop...guess he is just not ready to join the world. I am 39 weeks today so I should not be so anxious but when the doctor tells you "any day now" a week and a half ago, you kind of get your hopes up. I have recently been reflecting on this pregnancy and how much I have truly enjoyed it. I LOVE being pregnant. I know I am usually sarcastic but there is no sarcasm in that sentence. I really have enjoyed this stage of my life. Plus I have found so many new talents and helpful nuggets of knowledge I did not know I had. And here they are:
1. Successfully timing when I needed to throw up to leave meetings and cleaning checks just in time. I would know I needed to throw up in 2 minutes and would casually excuse myself, run home and not have to use any bushes!
2. I can pick up almost anything with my toes! Dropped something and Mark is not home? No problem...I got it!
3. Flip flops are a year round shoe...snow and rain don't stop me.
4. I can make getting out of bed in the morning a game. I see how few times I need to false start a rollover before I am at the edge of the bed and can then sit up.
5. My stomach is a great drink holder.
6. I grew my stretch marks pretty much like everyone else except the ones around my belly button are in a cute circular pattern.
7. My belly button is still an innie!
8. My sense of smell is reaching near superhuman levels.
But really, as happy as I am to meet this little guy, I will miss being pregnant. I have not been too uncomfortable and I just love feeling him kick and squirm. Plus, growing a baby takes very little effort...I have not heard the same about the whole mom thing. Let's hope I am up for the challenge.
6 comments:
you will be an awesome mama, jacque. i know it!
Cute post! Glad this last 9 months was not wasted and that you've learned so much. You are and will forever be the throw up queen...although Alicia's Elise might give you a run for your money.
Awesome post. You are so talented and you will find so many other helpful tools to add to that list when he gets here.
oh, the learning never stops! So excited to see him!!!!
Great post, I've learned a little from this post. But you have always been great with those toes...remember when you were little and you would twirl a spoon in your toes. Just waiting anxiously for little Jack.
That's so fun you started a blog! I will definitely be reading it and I'm looking forward to seeing your little baby in a few days! What are your plans? Are you going to keep being a hall advisor? Does Mark have a job lined up?
Post a Comment