Check outs for my 3 halls are over as of 3:00 yesterday. All 180 of my residents are gone. Walking around three buildings and shutting each apartment down while collecting keys took a lot out of me but because it is my 14th check out, I knew exactly how to not be stressed and get the job done. Plus I have a great associate and had some wonderful RA's.
In between check outs, Mark gradauted! He has to wear his sunglasses outside since his surgery...so don't think we didn't notice he was still wearing them in every photo.
Thursday was commencement which was wonderful. I cried, my mom cried, his mom cried...good times. I am just so proud of him. Then Friday was convocation where they called his name and gave him his fake diploma. Looking forward to putting the real one in there! They said his name right and everything. We get called Ellington or Ellingham a LOT! He was so cute; as he waited for his name to be called, he fist bumped three of his professors sitting on the stage next to him. People really like him and are drawn to his personality, professors were no different.




That afternoon I had a doctor's appointment. Just a regular check up. Well, after a few concerning symptoms, my doctor sent me to the hospital to be monitored. After 2 hours they sent me home and told me to take it easy. I said I would after Saturday since I still needed to shut my buildings down. Reluctantly they agreed as long as I promised to walk slow the whole time.
Saturday went well, check outs ended and Mark's parents took us out to eat in Salt Lake. Both my parents and his parents and two of his sisters were in town for graduation. We have so much support!
Now, I am actually relaxing and doing partial bed rest. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow so we will see what she says. I am hoping she says she'll induce me so I know when he is coming but that is wishful thinking! :) Hopefully the next post is one with Shortstop's picture!
6 comments:
That is so weird to think Jackson's picture may be next. AAAHHHH, I'm so excited. Congrats to Mark, that is awesome, your little aviator graduate. LOL He looks great and happy to be a graduate. Take it easy and enjoy the next few days or next few hours, whatever the case may be.
Great pictures! I love that he was fist bumping professors. Such a Mark thing to do. He is a stud. We are proud of him too and wish we could have been there to see it.
And I'm glad you're FINALLY relaxing. Wish I were there to help. And to see Jackson. But alas! We've got our fingers crossed for you!
Good job on your new blog, the great pictures and the fun updates on your life. Lots more to come. We were happy to be able to share in Mark's graduation, it was a good day, even the rain. Thursday was absolutely beautiful and I'm glad he was able to do the march.
Fun stuff. It's great that you have a blog now. Just know, I always read it, don't always comment. Sorry, too many blogs, so little time. Can't wait to come see you and the little guy, oh, and jackson too!
Good luck Jacque! I do hope you get some time to rest! What a busy time for you guys. Can't wait to see pics of the baby!!!
Congrats to Mark. That is a great accomplishment and we all are proud of him. Diddo to others...can't believe Jackson is so close to being here. And glad you get a break before baby and all.
Post a Comment