Fullback had his first trip to the dentist! He was so brave and so well behaved. He told the hygienist she could look in his mouth one time but that was it. She just laughed and tried her best to comply. Having a movie on the ceiling helped his nerves, of course.
Shortstop's kindergarten Thanksgiving class party was a lot of fun. I got to volunteer at it which I love doing, just to see him and keep an eye on my boy. They made pilgrim hats, churned their own butter, painted corn and some other activities in another room that I never saw. I was in charge of the butter station. They had a good time shaking those little bottles until the cream turned into butter. Shortstop was pretty proud of himself!
Of course I had to get my nails done in festive colors. I loved this design!
For Thanksgiving this year we made the trek to Oregon where Mark's grandparents live. We haven't been there in a long time and figured it was time to go. The drive was insane, the roads beyond scary and being as pregnant as I was, it was not super comfortable. But they boys were perfect! They read books, talked, listened to music and only watch a few movies on what turned out to be a longer drive due to road conditions than we had anticipated. Once we were there it was all worth it. We stayed at an Airbnb with Mark's sister and her husband and baby who flew in from Germany. It was so good to meet little Oskar! Seeing Mark's cousins and grandparents and family was very enjoyable. His grandparents are the salt of the earth and they love their Mark. They are so proud of him and we don't get to see them enough. It made Mark's heart glad to be around his extended family. We just don't get to do that much. Of course, I have ZERO pictures but it was a good weekend. Boys did well playing with new cousins and making friends. Although I don't think I will ever make that drive in the winter again, I am very glad we did it. On the way home we stayed in Twin Falls to break up the trip and I made a Christmas craft with my sisters and got to visit with my parents for a bit before we took off the next morning. I love how much family we have on both sides who love my boys. They feel it and are so lucky and better off because of it!
I also have to include this picture that Shortstop drew one day. So creative!!







No comments:
Post a Comment