How is this possible!? Teeny baby Fullback is 3! I always try really hard to make his birthday special because it is so soon after Thanksgiving and in the month of December so I don't want him to feel gypped. He loves celebrations so he has been counting down to his special day! He was so cute the night before asking about what we were gonna do and telling us how he would share his cake with everyone. I hugged him extra hard as my little 2 year old when I put him to bed.
He woke up to streamers and balloons and Shortstop singing to him. And his birthday is the day our elves, Jingle and Belle, come visit for the month so that was fun to welcome them back!
I let him open one present before Shortstop went to school. After Mark and Shortstop left for their days, Fullback and I cuddled and got ready. Then the primary presidency came by to visit all the new sunbeams for 2016. I cannot believe he is going to be in primary!
We went to pick up Shortstop and headed to Mark's work to snag him as well then we headed to the aquarium. I gave Fullback a list of outings we could do and that was what he picked. It was so much fun! These boys are the best of friends and I hope it always stays that way.
After we dropped off Mark at work and headed home, we had a quiet afternoon then got ready to meet up for dinner. Much to my chagrin, Fullback chose Chuck-a-rama as the place he wanted to go for dinner. I am so not a fan of buffet places but I sucked it up because I love my son and wanted his birthday to be special for him.
We headed home for cake and ice cream and presents. I have always been so happy that my boys are appreciative of everything they get, from socks to elaborate toys. They love the excitement and recognize how lucky they are to get so many fun things.
Trying to kiss his dinosaur
After playing with toys for a bit, it was bedtime. Fullback laid down and said "What a good birf-uh-day mom. Thank you." Even though the day was awesome already, that right there just topped it off. And of course the elves started up their shenanigans by playing with Fullback's birthday toys.

I love my little buddy so much. We love our mornings together and he is such a snuggle buddy. He loves to hug and kiss and hold hands and climbs into my lap as often as he feels he can fit, with this growing belly. He cannot wait to meet baby girl and talks about her every single day. He misses Shortstop each morning and excitedly asks his big brother how school was when we pick him up and then listens intently to all the stories. He and Mark have a great relationship and he is following in the BYU fan footsteps of his dad and brother. He lights up every room he walks in to with his bright smile and gorgeous blue eyes. He loves nursery and is nervous about sunbeams except he knows he can see his brother in sharing time which helps us make him feel ok with the changes. He still smirks shyly when we ask him to say prayers and asks for help even though he doesn't need it. He loves cars and trucks and anything with an engine. He knows his ABC's fairly well and takes every opportunity to sing them to us. My Fullback has my heart and is my sweet little friend. Happy birthday buddy!
No comments:
Post a Comment