Monday, June 16, 2014

Father's day

My boys are so lucky to have Mark as their dad and I hope when they are older, they realize that.  Right now, their faces light up when they see him…they know how much he loves them…and they also know when dad is home it is time to play.  They know how to treat me and know so much about the gospel and our Savior and I attribute that to my sweet husband.  I am so grateful these boys are being raised by a man who takes serious his station in life, as a father, a husband and a priesthood holder.

Our father's day was low key and relaxing.  We enjoyed some chocolate chip scones for breakfast, gave Mark his gifts (a favorite poster of his framed, a questionnaire filled out by Shortstop, some books he has wanted and a new tie),  we went to church, had a nice Sunday afternoon, enjoyed a big dinner and some time outside in our backyard.  Mark said it was exactly what he wanted.

I'm so glad when daddy comes home,
Glad as I can be;
Clap my hands and shout for joy,
Then climb upon his knee,
Put my arms around his neck,
Hug him tight like this,
Pat his cheeks, then give him what?
A great big kiss.
We really are glad when Daddy comes home

I had to irreverently snap this photo…they love being like Dad even when it comes to kneeling for prayer


 I am so blessed!


1 comment:

Joslyn said...

i love this tribute to mark. And I love your irreverent pic. Jack's face is priceless.