This little man is 18 months old! I cannot believe how fast time has flown and I can't imagine life without him. He is a blond haired blue eyed sweetheart. He is shy and happy and grumpy all at once. He wants to be independent and does everything his older brother does. I am ok that he is a mama's boy and I take in all the snuggles I can. He is starting to talk more and try words. Uh-oh and uh-huh are his go to words. He responds so well to questions and knows what he wants. I love this age because I feel like we can really talk even though he can't talk back. He eats all the time and in large quantities if he likes it. He loves to pull my hand to the back door and let him outside as often as possible. Singing songs is a great way to get him to smile or be calm, especially during diaper changes: he even does the hand signs to Popcorn Popping, Do as I'm Doing, 3 Little Monkeys, Itsy Bitsy spider and If You Chance to Meet a Frown. I have been happily pleased with how well he has done with this move. He sleeps better and has not shown any frustration with all the new surroundings.
The doctor said he looked great at his check up and is catching up in weight finally!
Stats:
Weight 23 lbs 5 oz 39%
Length 32 in. 38%
Head 19 1/2 in. 96%
Nursery has been a sloooowww transition and he is not a fan of being left in there. He plays great with us sitting next to him and even ignores us but either Mark or I have to be in there. Once they get more teachers, I might just have to let him cry it out once or twice but for now, they rarely have enough teachers to cover the happy kids, let alone the sad ones.
I love this toddler and want to stop time right now. This is always a favorite age of mine and with an older sibling, he is growing up faster than Shortstop did. Love you my sweet boy!



1 comment:
he is such a sweet boy! absolutely delicious!
Post a Comment