Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Luke's ear surgery

At the beginning of November, Fullback had tubes put in his ears.  He had had over 8 ear infections in a two month time period so the doctor recommended this and I am so glad we did it.  It was emotional for me, watching them take him away and then trying to comfort him as he came out of anesthesia, but it has made all the difference!  He has always been a happy baby, but he is even more so.  I had no idea how much pain he was dealing with in his ears and it breaks my heart.  One ear drum had scarring which tells the doctor it had burst quite a few times but thankfully it did not affect his hearing.  His surgery was early in the morning and so Mark stayed home with Shortstop and I took him in.  It was a fast procedure and when we got home Fullback took a 3 hour nap and then was back to normal.  Let's hope they work!  Post op looked great and we will go back in 6 months to see how everything is but until then, I can already tell a difference.
 Waiting to be called back...love his little smirk!

 Nobody rocks a hospital gown like this boy

 Starting to get a little nervous with all the doctors and nurses coming in and out, checking his vitals

 They wrapped him up and whisked him away before he realized what was happening.  Surprisingly he did not cry when they took him...and neither did I...although I wanted to

 So hard to come out of anesthesia!

 Cute little hospital bracelets

On the way home...he was asleep as we pulled onto the freeway.  Poor buddy!

No comments: