We were able to go to the funeral in Idaho and all of my siblings were able to make it as well. What a blessing to be all together! It was wonderful to see so many cousins and aunts and uncles. I have a very big family and I love it. My Grandpa first married my Grandma Annie and had 7 children with her. She passed away when my dad was just 16 years old. A year later he married Grandma Norma who brought 5 daughters of her own. They raised 12 children together seamlessly and often you could not tell which original family the kids belonged to as they all got along so well. This was the Grandma I knew and loved. She passed away when I was 12 and then a year or so later Grandpa married Grandma Mary who is still alive. She had 6 kids she had raised but Grandpa treated them and their children as his own. So all in all he had 18 children, 92 grandchildren, 237 great grandchildren and 21 great great grandchildren. Pretty amazing legacy he left.
The funeral was so uplifting and spiritual. The life sketch, the talks, the musical numbers and even the military rights were truly beautiful reminders of how we can and each should live our lives. My dad was one of the speakers and I appreciated so much his advice and words on how we each have angels around us and can also be angels to others.
It was a special weekend and I am grateful for the family I belong too. I am so happy my Grandpa can be reunited with family in heaven and know that is the case. I am grateful for eternal families and that my little family, just starting out, can be the same.
I love this picture: My Great Grandpa was named Evera and he had 4 daughters (3 still living) and they are seated in front. Then my Grandpa, Evera Junior, had 4 daughers and they are standing in the middle. Then my dad, Paul Evera, had 6 daughters and we are all in there on the sides. So these are the daughters of Evera. Pretty neat generational connection.
My brother placing his boutonniere on the grave- he was a pall bearer
My family
My dad's siblings




No comments:
Post a Comment