Wednesday, December 4, 2013

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

We decided to decorate before Thanksgiving this year...I know some may say that is awful but hear me out.  Thanksgiving was late this year and we were going out of town.  And since we are going to Seattle for Christmas I wanted to enjoy the decorations as long as I could.  Plus Fullback's birthday was right when we got back and I didn't want to overshadow that by decorating on his birthday week.  So we broke some rules and did it this way this year.
It was such a fun night!  We got a small pre lit fake tree this year just for fun and then after Christmas when all the big ones go on major clearance sale, we will buy a big one.  This was the first year Mark and I have ever even had a tree of any kind.  We always go out of town for Christmas and never really felt the need to get a tree but then this year with Shortstop being old enough to get it and with all the ornaments we have collected, we felt it was time.  Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas decor and have always had that up each year, just not a tree.  So this was a lot of fun.  We turned on Mannheim (Mark's request...so not mine but I let him choose the music) and had a great night decorating and showing the boys all the fun stuff that has been in storage for a year.  Each year we get to buy a new ornament per family member and this year we went with Disney themed.  I got Minnie, Mark got Captain Hook, Shortstop got Sully and Fullback got Winnie the Pooh.  Shortstop loved putting them all on the tree and finding the best place to place them.







His goofy camera faces crack me up- no matter what the picture says, he was pretty proud of that tree

No comments: