Monday, May 13, 2013

3 year check up

I know I already posted this picture of Shortstop but it is so cute and sums up what we do a lot of around here!  I took him to the doctor today and he was soooo good.  I was nervous cause as outgoing as he is, he is not a fan of people telling him what to do and poking at him, but who is?  But we talked a lot about it beforehand, he asked questions, and it went like clockwork.  (Thank you Doc McStuffins for the song about check ups!)  Such a good boy!  (And the promise of mms didn't hurt).

Weight: 30 lbs 4 oz- 30th percentile
Height: 37 inches- 25th percentile

Just my little guy but she said he is growing really well and everything looks perfect.  Wahoo!

Journaling things to remember:

  • Most loving child ever!  He is always asking if we are happy and tells us to smile and says we are his best friends and that he loves us so much.  His hugs and kisses are the best...oftentimes his way of kissing is ramming his forehead into your face but it works for me!  He loves little kids too and tries to hug everyone he sees.
  • Still a protective loving big brother and so helpful.  Will get me burp cloths or wipes or toys even before I ask.  Loves to call Fullback a "cutie sweetie baby"
  • Quotes his favorite movies all the time and not only quotes them, but acts them out and knows scenes word for word
  • Loves to pantomime pictures, movies, cartoons, anything he sees
  • Really loves baseball...his dad's dream come true!  He asks us to pitch to him several times a day and then swings and promptly "runs the bases" no matter if he hit it or not.  Confidence is not lacking with this child.
  • Reads a lot still.  I have been working with him on writing letters.  He sounds things out and if I pushed it I think he would be reading soon...but I am letting him take his time at his pace
  • Likes to snuggle and be held.  Thinks it is hilarious when Mark and I cuddle or dance in the kitchen and likes to get involved
  • Has gotten really big into dinosaurs
  • Loves to talk to anybody and everybody!  And as far as he is concerned, everyone wants to listen to him and I am not going to ruin that by shushing him.  So if he says "Hey you!  What's your name?  My name is Jack.  I can talk to you..."  then I am sorry if it bugs you but I encourage it!
  • Charms all of the waitresses, store clerks, nurses and any other female he comes into contact with
  • Loves to be praised, gives it in return and will remind us of the praise he has most recently received [I did a good job not talking while you were on the phone; I did a good job going poop in the potty; I did a good job eating, etc...]
  • Clears his dishes after every meal
  • Loves saying prayer and says the sweetest most reverent prayers I have ever heard
  • Is POTTY TRAINED!  
  • Enjoys nursery immensely
  • When I cry, which I don't do very often so it takes him by surprise, he will run and get a towel or napkin and wipe my tears saying "You are a good girl mommy...don't cry.  Just be happy!  I love you so much."
  • Sings and dances any chance he can.  And he knows the words to so many songs, even ones on the radio I don't realize he has heard.  
  • Loves Seven Peaks, Provo Beach Resort and the temple.  Asks to go to Disneyland quite often...we are looking into obliging him. 
  • Enjoys getting The Friend each month and reads through it excited when he sees the temple or Jesus
  • Still a picky eater.  Eats a lot...I mean like all day long...of the things he enjoys but won't try very many new things
  • Great sleeper at night.  Goes down well and sleeps all night.  He is done with naps during the day but he likes his quiet time still
  • Often reminds me to "Look at me mom.  I am talking and want to see you.  I am showing you something."
This kid is such a joy to us.  I don't know what I would do without him.  I think about putting him in preschool but I think I would miss him too much!  He has plenty of years of school ahead of him...this is my time with my boy.  He makes me laugh everyday, teaches me patience, helps me learn how to relax and have fun and is his dad's best buddy.  He gave me the title Mother and for that I will always be grateful.  Love you Shortstop!!


1 comment:

Ashley said...

What a sweet boy. That kid cracks me up!