Such a good dad! And pretty hot if I may add...
He woke up to balloons in his room and streamers in the doorway. We tried to do a Wreck it Ralph theme with the colors (hence the medal) etc. He loved seeing his presents out on the table and we let him open a few throughout the day...not that we had a choice. He was VERY excited but still amazed me with how patient he was waiting until it was time to open all of them.
We had asked the birthday boy what he wanted to do, telling him we could go to BYU, the zoo, Salt Lake, the Provo Beach Resort...whatever he wanted. And his response, "I want to do sidewalk chalk and kick the balloons around listening to music." Ok then!
That night we had cake and ice cream and opened presents. He LOVED his cake, the Wreck it Ralph medal of heroes, and I was so excited about it as well. I have never worked with fondant but it was surprisingly easy. This is a very amateur cake but it worked for the 3 year old.
Complete with edible gold spray and edible gold star confetti
Doing the Wreck it Ralph pose when he gets the medal! Cracked us up!!
Saluting like they do in the movie...such a funny kid!
My three handsome boys...Shortstop was preoccupied with the cake of course
First bite after peeling off the fondant
We turned the music on from the movie when Ralph gets the medal and Shortstop acted it out, until of course he wanted to eat! He whispers "No way" cause Ralph says that.
Look at those chubby cheeks! Been that way ever since he was born
Look at that little toe head... or is it tow head? Anyway...you can really see the contrast in the middle of the two brunettes.
Every birthday we give him a Mickey number to celebrate...I love these figurines!
He has his 3 year doctor appointment Monday so I will record his stats then and some fun things about him for journaling. But man do we love this kid! He makes us laugh every single day and reminds us to enjoy the little things in life. His spirit and testimony are so strong and I am grateful to learn valuable lessons from the mind of my boy. Love you my sweet Shortstop!


















6 comments:
Happy Birthday! I can't believe he is three. It goes by so fast.
Read all of your journal entries. So much fun to relive some of your special moments. You do a great job with journaling
This is awesome. You are so good at making special days extra special. And great decorating skills!
Love this post. What a great birthday. He's such a cool kid. Can't wait until we get to hang out with him!!!
Oh and that video rocks!
What a great birthday. Way to go, mama!
Post a Comment