Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Days before Baby #2

The days leading up to our second baby boy joining our family were semi relaxing and at the same time hectic.  I never did a Thanksgiving post but we had a great time.  Obviously I was too far along to go anywhere so Mark's family came down from Seattle. Even though dinner was at my house, I did not have to do a thing!  My in laws bought, cooked and prepared everything.  Mark made sure I relaxed as much as I could...I have a hard time sitting when I am technically the hostess but I tried so my feet would not swell too much.  It was so nice to spend time with them and eat great food.  We were hoping for an early arrival of the baby but no such luck.  But that's ok.  He wasn't ready and neither was I really.  But I will get to that in the next post.  I only took a few pictures of Thanksgiving...whoops.  Guess my mind was a little preoccupied. :)
Tearing apart bread with Nana and Grandpa for stuffing

At the request of his little sister, Mark and his family playing Mariokart

Shortstop has been falling asleep more and in weird places lately.  I don't know if it is a growth spurt or life has just worn him out but I cannot resist sleeping pictures.



Shortstop has really gotten into pretend play and here he is eating with Buddy.  So cute!

We have dubbed Luke our Fullback so now we have Shortstop and Fullback.  Before he was born we had time to clean the house, go shopping, spend time as a family of three and just get ready for everything.  It was nice and weird at the same time.  Before he was born I was very emotional about it all...loving my family of three and sad to see that end but so thrilled to have another baby.  Now that he is here, I cannot imagine our lives without him.  But again...that will be in the next post!

1 comment:

Kyrstin said...

Those pictures of Jack sleeping are hilarious. He is so awesome.