We came home on Wednesday the 5th and my mom was still here. She stayed for a week which was awesome! It was hard to have her leave on Sunday but I get to go home in a couple of weeks for Christmas so that is nice.
Coming home was great. Shortstop was so excited to have his brother home finally and has been nothing but sweet and loving and even protective. If he cries, Shortstop giggles while rubbing his head saying "It's ok baby yuke." And in the mornings he wants to see him right away and usually kisses him and follows it up with "Goochie goochie goo yukie!" I love it. I was so nervous about him acting out or feeling neglected but none of that has happened. He helps me by getting diapers or wipes or keeping Fullback company. He has genuine love and affection for his brother and wants to be around him all the time. And everything Fullback does is "so cute mom!"
The day we came home we gave Shortstop another book from his little brother, a Mercer Mayer one called Just Me and My Little Brother. I made the mistake of taking Shortstop in his room while Grandma held Fullback and reading it to him. I bawled through the whole book! Love those post labor emotions!
We have taken it easy around here and I have laid low. Mark had to go to a work Christmas party one night and then took Shortstop to a BYU basketball game another night which was great. I have had a lot of alone time with my newborn and have neglected dishes and other household chores to just sit and cuddle. And I don't even feel bad about it!
Friday I had to take Fullback in for a follow up jaundice test. Yuck! Trying to get a vial of blood from two heel pricks was not fun for him and I felt so sad. But we made it through and he does not have jaundice. Thank heavens!
We also had my sister Paula in town to do newborn pictures...I am so excited to see how they turned out! We did a football theme with them like we did a baseball theme with Shortstop. We love sports around here.
Fullback is a great eater and amazing sleeper. The first night was rough but we realized he did not like the bassinet. So once we put him in the pack n play crib he sleeps 4 to 5 hour stretches at night and still sleeps throughout the day. When he is awake he is happy and content to just be cuddled with and talked to. Perfect child! As far as feeding him, Shortstop asked one day what I was doing. I told him "Feeding Luke mommy's milk." He said ok and has since asked if he can feed him "Jack's milk". Made me laugh!
One day as I rocked Fullback, Shortstop asked if I would hold him too. So he climbed in my lap, laid on my shoulder, patted Fullback's head and sang nursery songs. I could have melted right there into a puddle of tears and love.
So other than having more love in this house and the cuteness factor going up, not much has changed. We are so excited for Christmas and I am just slowly learning how to do the mom of two thing. Mark is so in love with his boys and has been amazing. He does anything and everything around the house I can't do as I recover and still gives each of us the needed attention. I wish I could pay him back but when I say that he just points to his sons and says "Enough said."
So I realize I have been taking a lot of pictures with my phone but not my camera. And my phone is awful so I don't know how to download them so I can blog. But now that I know that...I will keep my camera next to me at all times too! :)
Gave him a sponge bath and washed that hair. It looks so dark by the end of the day from us, especially Shortstop, rubbing his head all the time
Just had to add this one...cute little Shortstop just being cute!






2 comments:
So after reading through these three happy posts, I officially want to have another child. :) I'm so glad everything has gone well, even if having an epidural wasn't ideal for you, I'm glad it went well. And I'm so glad that Shortstop has welcomed Fullback so openly and so lovingly.
UGH just two adorable little boys. So glad everything is going so well!
Post a Comment