You truly are a little angel. You rarely cry and when you do it is usually a quick cry out to get my attention and then you wait silently until I can take care of what you need. You are sleeping anywhere from 4-5 hour shifts at night and even then you just grunt and squeak to wake me up to eat.
You love looking around and listening to your big brother talk your ear off. You never get annoyed with his hugs, kisses and climbing on me to get to you. You just take it all in stride. He loves to be near you and I am pretty sure you like it too.
Lately you are awake much more but are so quiet and calm I often think you have fallen asleep. But no, you are wide awake just learning and growing.
You love when dad holds you and nibbles at your face and have smiled more at him than anyone else. I am not surprised...he makes everyone in this house smile. He is so proud of how perfect you are and tells you every day. You and your brother will have high self esteems and you can thank your dad. Every burp, poopy diaper and grunt is met with a "Good job buddy!"
Whenever I get to sit and snuggle you, you tend to work your little face into the crook of my neck and just lay there for as long as we can. It is something you have only done with me and I love it. I love feeling your breath on my neck and listening to you breathe evenly. These days don't last forever so I tend to ignore doing my makeup or washing the dishes and just sit and hold you. I will never look back and be sad that I held you more and cleaned less.
Your eyes are amazing and so beautiful. I look forward to seeing what color they are. You may be a good size but you really don't have fat rolls or chubby legs. No idea where you are hiding it all but happy you are eating so well.
Everyone says how much Shortstop looks like your dad and people have commented on how much you look like your brother. Well, recently your aunts have said how much you look like me as a baby. Makes me feel good since you are so stinkin cute! And that blond hair is still so fantastic...although it is starting to darken. So we will see.
I love you my baby boy. You have added so much to our family and I look forward to watching you grow and learn and become your own little person. You don't have to be in a hurry though...feel free to stay my little baby for as long as you want.



No comments:
Post a Comment