I keep journals for my boys that are separate from this blog so sometimes I forget to even post things about this pregnancy because it is all in baby #2's personal journal. But I decided to do just a short update.
I am feeling very pregnant but finally over the weird sicknesses and colds and flus that have been going around. I have heard that every pregnancy is different but I am really experiencing it like I didn't know I would! I know with the second your body has changed already so things that you didn't feel with the first are much more prevalent. Like pressure, lots of pressure, making it kind of hard to get around. And my hips feel a mile apart! I NEVER waddled when I was preggo with Shortstop and I have tried really hard not to with this one but I find myself waddling before I can catch it! :) Mark just smiles as I waddle past him and says "Thanks for growing my boys." Such a good man.
I am all up front again with my belly which is kind of fun. Looks like a basketball under my shirt. I haven't gained very much weight with this one but I started at a higher weight than I had planned so I totally ok with it!
I am progressing normally and baby is measuring great. Not too big but not too small...just right. The doctor offered an induction date for a week before I am due but I really want to try and do this as much on my own as I can. I was induced with Shortstop for medical reasons so I have no idea what my body does to go into labor and I want to know. Plus I would like going natural to be an option. I am not saying I will for sure do it but pitocin kind of makes it hard to even try. (And many of you may remember my "awesome" epidural experience so you can understand my fears and hesitation).
Crib and dresser are all set up. Baby clothes, blankets and burp cloths are washed and put away. My hospital bag is packed and ready to go. Christmas shopping is about 80% done (I really want December to be relaxing and all about me and my boys hanging out watching Christmas movies and drinking hot cocoa). My toes have a cute pedicure (again, I love my husband for sending me to get one!) So basically...I am set! He may not come for another three weeks but he might come tomorrow and I HAVE to feel prepared so that is why everything is done.
I am so excited to meet this little guy, to see what he looks like, to get to know his personality and to have Shortstop be a big brother. He has always loved babies and talks about baby brother a lot but lately he is much more into feeling my stomach and talking about sharing his room and toys with the baby. I cannot wait to see how these two interact. And Shortstop loves helping me get his own diaper and wipes or pjs and throwing diapers in the pail or putting clothes in his drawers so I know he will be a big help when I need a pacifier or a diaper or burp cloth. He asks to hold the baby all the time and tries to hold my stomach while asking. :)
Mark can't believe he is going to have "sons" but loves to think about it. He is the only boy in his family and I only have one brother so it is a fun shift in dynamics for us. He talks about taking them out camping and to ball games and tag team wrestling in the evenings and of course, teasing mom. Shortstop already does that so well with his dad so Mark is just getting a bigger team. (The other night Mark was right about something...I know, I can't believe I am admitting it...so he put his hand in the air as if throwing something at me and said "Truth bomb". Two seconds later my two year old said "Mom...truth bomb!" and did the same gesture. I am in trouble!)
Having two kids makes me a little nervous but who isn't nervous to change any dynamic? Shortstop is just so easy going and is my little buddy that I hope that continues. I don't want to lose the relationship I have with him as I build one with his brother. I am so blessed and maybe that is why I can't believe I am being blessed even more to have another one. Life is so great and I am so happy I have my little family forever.
1 comment:
You are one amazing woman Jacque. I hope you are able to experience this birth the way you want, but even if there are a few things that change your ideal, I hope that you and baby are at least healthy and safe when it happens.
Post a Comment