Saturday, December 31, 2011

Best. Concert. Ever.

One of Mark's Christmas gifts was going to the Trans Siberian Orchestra concert in Salt Lake the night after we got home. I never thought anything of TSO and did not think I liked their music. But I knew Mark did and so I decided to get him the tickets. We dropped Shortstop at my sister's house (thank you Melanie!) and headed to the Energy Solutions Arena.

It was fun to just be out on a date and I knew Mark was going to love it so that was good enough for me. They came out on stage and started with a cool video presentation while playing some music. I liked it and was entertained. And then they really started rocking out. It was AWESOME and EPIC and any other descriptive word out there I can't think of. They did a rendition of Oh Come All Ye Faithful you won't hear in church and their interpretation of the Nutcracker was a little different than the PNB version I saw a few nights ago. Each band member has long hair and they head banged like it was 1985!

So there I was, sitting next to my handsome husband, rocking out to a flame and laser light show while a leather wearing, hair banging, face melting band jumped around the stage and screamed songs into a microphone. It was so great! I mean, I change diapers all day and then go to a rock concert at night. It was not what I expected. I had heard some of their songs but the show in and of itself was incredible. They were up on catwalks, there were metal dragon contraptions breathing fire, the laser lights were phenomenal and the violinist was running around and bending all the way backwards while still playing before breaking her bow in half and chucking it into the audience!

These are all someone else's videos and so of course they are not the best quality but you get the idea. The second one starts slow but it is worth watching to get the dragon effect! Awesome!


No comments: