Thursday, June 2, 2011

I spy with my little eye...

something white!
Can you see it? It's a tooth. Isn't it so cute! This is Shortstop's first little tooth and it came in very smoothly. In fact, I had no idea it was coming and then as I was sitting in the airport waiting for our flight to Boston (HUGE post coming on that soon) I saw this little white friend as he smiled. He is going to have strong teeth since they are coming in so late, at least that is what the doctor said. He loves to rub his tongue over it. Now, is it too early to use a baby toothbrush? Is there a good baby toothpaste? Any advice or tips? I really want him to have great teeth.

5 comments:

Lessa said...

Definitely not to early to use a baby toothbrush. We've been using on one Ella since her first two teeth came in at 5 months. We didn't use any toothpaste until she hit a year and then we started using a toddler training paste.. I don't know if it's the best kind or anything, but it's the kind we could find at the store :)

Brandon and Lacey said...

For sure brush! We bought one that fit on our index finger and brushed it that way. When Ryan began to notice that we had a longer toothbrush we had to get one with a handle so he could practice. Now every morning he comes in the bathroom and asks for his toothbrush. Pretty cute. As for toothpaste we were told they don't really need it, but can use a flouride-free toothpaste. We just bought a Thomas the Train toothpaste because it looks cute. The last thing we use is flouride drops that our pediatrician prescribed. Apparently one drop a day helps something... who knew?!?

Congrats on the new tooth and no fuss! Miss you guys!

Becca Bird said...

Yeah for little teeth! It's amazing how a couple of teeth can change their whole look. He is looking so cute!

Ashley said...

Cute cute little tooth!! Love it.

Rachel Durazzani said...

So cute! I love that smiling picture.