Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Father's day


I know this is a little late but we had a very nice Father's day on Sunday. I am so in love with Mark and am grateful Shortstop has such a great father to look up to and aspire to be like. Shortstop loves his dad and gets so excited when he comes home from work. It is the best thing in the world to hear those keys in the door and see how my little boy basically lunges at Mark when he walks in. Does my heart good.

We gave Mark a new tie and this is how we "wrapped" it. It was a hit.

We had pop up pancakes for breakfast and those were a big hit with Shortstop. The rest of the day was relaxing and very nice. We took a family walk, opened some little presents and had a big dinner of Mark's choosing complete with his favorite dessert. Yellow cake with chocolate frosting. A little boring and easy in my opinion but that is what he wanted so that is what I made.

Shortstop likes to be just like his dad wearing a backwards hat. So cute!
We love you Mark! You are the best thing that has ever happened to both of us.


And of course a Happy Father's day to my dad and my dad-in-law...two awesome men who I am grateful are such a big part of our lives. I love the relationship Mark and I have with each of our own dads and each other's dads. We are truly blessed!

No comments: