Tuesday, August 10, 2010

My new quilt

I love my parents, I always have and always will. There are so many countless reasons why. My dad has always made me laugh and can teach a lesson or give life changing counsel at the drop of a hat. I hope to be at least half the mom my mother is. She is truly an inspiration of love and service. This evening I got to spend some time with them at my uncle's home. My dad's hugs are the best ever and my mom's laugh rocks! Seeing them makes my day. And tonight, my mom brought me a gift. She has made a quilt for each of her kids when they get married. Sometimes it comes a few years after the wedding but with 18 grandkids, 7 kids, a full time job and vacations to visit all those people, I am amazed at how much she gets done. I am the 6th child and have been so excited for my quilt. And tonight, she brought me the finished product. It is stunning!! I cannot believe how much time and effort she puts into these quilts. Cutting the squares, piecing them together in the right design, sewing them, and then hand stitching the hem...makes me tired even typing it. But I am grateful to reap the benefits of her love. The pictures do not do it justice. My apartment is very small (understatement of the year), as many of you who have visited can attest, so I had to take this out to the lobby of my building just to take a picture of it all laid out. It is huge! Isn't is gorgeous! Ah! I am so excited to have it. Thank you mom for this gorgeous gift. And thank you dad for giving up time with mom while she worked on it. :)



5 comments:

Rachel Durazzani said...

Wow. That is so beautiful. I LOVE those colors. Those are perfect for you guys. WE LOVE OUR QUILT! Enjoy!
Glad you got to see them. I'm jealous! :)

Lauren said...

It's incredible! What a tribute to your mom. I still have (and love) the blanket she and the YW made for me at graduation. She's talented, that lady.

Julene said...

It's beautiful!

Alicia said...

Ya, she pretty much rocks!

Ashley said...

Gorgeous!