I have been doing a lot of thinking lately about forgiveness and choosing to be happy in the midst of trials. I think about my Shortstop and how no matter what he does, no matter what bodily fluids leave his body and land on me or in my eye, I don't get upset but just move on. There is no thought or struggle of needing to forgive because it is not even an issue. How can it be? He is so sweet and I love him so much. He can yell at me (in his cries), wake me up in the middle of the night over and over (which thankfully he does not do) or interrupt anything I am doing and I am never mad. And it got me thinking, wouldn't life be easier and happier if we had that type of unconditional love for everyone?
We have all been offended by a co-worker, hurt by someone's words or actions way back in high school or just had a bad day because of a neighbor's insensitivity but if we were able to move on and forgive, wow. Life would be what it should be...wonderful each day. There are so many things to celebrate, so many reasons to smile. My goal is to focus on those. I will not be perfect at them but I am going to try. I am still going to allow myself to be sad and live my emotions but they will not control me. Life can be too hard and the world too scary to ignore the countless good things surrounding us.
This video really touched my heart. I hope you enjoy.
1 comment:
I love this video too and it got me thinking the same way. I bawled through the whole thing. Great post, Jacque. Miss you girl.
Post a Comment