Sunday, May 1, 2016

Wedding time!

My nephew Evan got married last month!  What a crazy and awesome thing to happen.  He is the first grandchild to get married and we could not be happier with the sweet girl he chose, Katelyn.  I still remember babysitting this little kid and playing with him forever as a young teenage aunt.  And that my sister is a mother-in-law?!  Forget it!
The reception was the night before in Bountiful so we decided to make it a staycation and get a hotel in Kaysville.  We had such a great time partying at the reception.  The boys got to dance with cousins and the bride.  I got to visit with my sisters and parents.  And the refreshments were delicious!

My sister and her little boy- I tried really hard not to think how fast time flew and how soon it will be me dancing at my son's wedding

Daddy-daughter dance

Getting ready to cut a rug together

Dancing with almost-bride


Cute dancing cousins

The kids slept well at the hotel and the next morning we dropped the boys off at my sister's house where she had set up babysitting.  Mark and I headed to the temple with little ACE and had my niece watch her outside the temple.  It was a beautiful ceremony and made me grateful again for the blessings of the priesthood and eternal marriage.  I loved holding my sweetheart's hand as we watched the cute couple make promises to each other and the Lord that we made nearly 10 years ago.
After pictures we went back to Melanie's to help the babysitters with lunch for all the littles then again Mark, ACE and I headed to the best Chinese food restaurant in Bountiful for the wedding luncheon.  It was so nice to sit and visit with family and try to see if Evan and Katelyn ever stopped smiling...

...they didn't.

My parents and my sister and brother in law

They look way too young to have a married child!

No comments: