Monday, May 30, 2016

Kindergarten graduation

I will just say it...I think Kindergarten graduations are a little silly albeit super adorable.  I think it is just like the "everyone gets a medal" thing with sports.  However, I did enjoy seeing Shortstop sing songs he had practiced all year and get a cute little diploma.  He was excited, nervous and "so embarrassed mom" the morning of but he did great.  I also had his teacher write a note in a copy of "Oh the Places you"ll Go."  I am gonna have each of his teachers do this for him and give him the copy when he graduates.  He doesn't know about it but I am excited to have those memories for him to look back on in 12 years, but what I am sure will feel like a few moments.  In fact I already have a copy for each of my kids so they can all have one too.  I cannot believe he is going into the 1st grade and will be gone all day now.  It makes my stomach turn when I think about it but I have a few months to get ready for it so I won't stress too much.  So happy it is summer time and I have him with me at home all day every day!
First and last day...I was happy to see he has not changed TOO much this year

He wasn't super thrilled about "another program" since he had just done his Kindergarten play last week

This was his little friend, Oakley, who was the sweetest girl.  He was a big fan of hers

Ms. Dalebout

Lakeview Academy had this big sign for everyone since it was the last day of school and Shortstop wanted a picture with dad.  I am so grateful for Mark's flexible schedule where he can come to any play or school activity.  He even volunteered at the field and science day this week!

Fullback wanted a picture too!


Getting his diploma!  I recorded them singing the Star Spangled Banner but the video is too long.  Mark was super proud and patriotic as his son sang the whole thing.  

No comments: