She had a little craft table set up for my kids since they were the only really little ones there and pretty sure Shortstop has a bit of a crush on my 16 year old niece Jenna. She is so good with them too! We of course had the Macy's Thanksgiving day parade on TV which is a favorite of mine. They loved seeing Santa and a few of the giant balloons caught their eyes.
I love being with my family and am grateful so many of us live close enough to get together. And her house is awesome for little boys! They have chickens, a dog and bees and a trampoline. Way too fun.
After pie we headed to our hotel and let my nieces swim when I put the boys down to bed. My brother in law, Jim, my dad, and Mark went to the movie Interstellar and my sister, mom and I visited and hung out at the hotel.
The next morning my other sister Rachel and her family came up and we all went to Boondocks for bowling. While there I ran into a family from Twin Falls, the Jacksons, who I used to babysit. I babysat their kids for 6 years and now two of them are married and one has two kids. It was so cool to catch up and have them meet my kids.
After lunch leftovers at Melanie's and letting the kids watch a movie we headed home. It was so nice to have been able to do a quick getaway and still have the whole weekend together to relax before Mark had to go back to work Monday. We spent the weekend decorating the house for Christmas, getting ready for Fullback's birthday, and just overall relaxing.
I have so many things to be thankful for, I don't know where to begin. First and foremost is my Savior. I am grateful for the knowledge that he lives and for the restored gospel. I am beyond thankful for eternal families and that my amazing husband and incredible little boys and I get to be together forever. Being a wife and mother is truly an incredible journey to be on and those titles are things I hold sacred. Having the little family I do makes it easy to fulfill those callings and that is something else I am grateful for. I am thankful for my home, to have a place to call my own and for the beautiful area I live. I never thought I would live in Utah long term but it is a great place to raise a family. I am grateful for my parents and siblings and all the people they have brought into my life. And of course my in laws as well and for the amazing family Mark comes from. What a group of examples and support I have! I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and can see the beauty and blessings we have each been given.
This was our Thankful tree this year. Shortstop LOVED doing this each night and wrote down his own blessings without needing help on spelling or anything. I was so proud of him!











No comments:
Post a Comment