Thursday, December 4, 2014

Luke turns 2!

Two years ago I fell head over heels in love with a blond hair blue eyed boy.  And every day since then  I have somehow fallen even more in love.  Fullback turned 2 today and I cannot help but be a little angry at time while also loving how amazing these last 730 days have been.

Mark, Shortstop and I woke up the birthday boy by going in his room singing Happy Birthday.  Fullback just grinned and acted embarrassed, loving the balloons and streamers that were already in place.  After getting ready in his new "TWO" t shirt and saying goodbye to Mark as he left for work, the three of us went up north to meet some of my sisters.  Melanie's birthday was the day before and so Alicia, Rachel and I met up with her at Kneaders for birthday breakfast.



Even Jingle and Belle got in on the celebrating!  This was their first appearance this year.

 Shortstop loves writing little notes to us about what is going on.  This one was awesome because he writes the way he thinks.

After a fun breakfast, busy with my two boys but fun, we headed to Melanie's for lunch.  My boys love being in her home.  We went back to our house for nap time and quiet time and then enjoyed a simple dinner of spaghetti and meatballs, Fullback's favorite.  He was so cute and happy all day…I think he knew we were celebrating him.
After dinner Rachel and Matt and their kids and Allis came over for cake and ice cream.  I made a race car cake because as long as I can remember Fullback has loved carrying cars all over the house.  He loved it and did a great job blowing out the candles.  We opened presents and played with all the awesome new toys and books he got.  Then he happily hugged everyone and went to bed.


Patiently waiting for the song to end so he could devour his cake…




It was a great day.  He is an amazing little boy full of love and kindness.  He has a fire in him that comes out every once in a while in toddler form but his hugs and kisses are always in abundance.  He loves being like his brother and can't wait until Mark gets home from work.  He misses me when I am in the other room and likes to be my little shadow.  I will never get sick of his cuddles and his own form of communication.  He is starting to try more words and as his mom, I can understand most of them.  I love his sweet voice and have a feeling it will be much like his brother's…filled with questions and love and a little higher than others so it adds a sense of innocent sweetness no matter what they say.
At his 2 year check up, he weighed 25 pounds, was 33.5 inches long and had a head circumference of 19 3/4 inches.  He is 28th percentile in weight, 21st in height and 93rd in head.  Little blond matchstick!
I love you Yukie…more than I can express.  No one is as lucky as me to have the two boys I do as my sons.  I love watching you learn and grow and I know everyone who comes into contact with you will be blessed.  Happy birthday my baby!!
Waiting at the doctor's office

No comments: