Friday, August 2, 2013

My mom ladies and gentlemen

My mom is great and so talented.  One day she wanted to document the quilts she has made for each of her kids for a quilting class she is a part of.  These...

are just the ones she made me.  Amazing right?  The top right one, the red and cream and blue one is one I made with her help.  One weekend Mark had to go to Seattle without me and I missed him a lot.  (We don't do well without each other).  Rather than let me be sad, my mom took me to the local quilt store and helped me pick out a pattern and taught me how to do it all.  She did the finishing touches of course, but it helped me pass the time.  It is a nautical theme and I just love it.  The big one in front is HUGE.  She made one for each of her kids after we all got married and we got to pick our colors and what not.  So special to have these from her.  Thanks mom!

No comments: