Monday, June 3, 2013

6 months

6 months has come and gone so quickly.  Fullback is growing so fast and is the happiest baby ever (despite what it looks like in the picture above...I just love his round chubby face in it!)  I remember being scared to have two and how would that affect Shortstop but you have never seen two brothers who love each other more or get along better.  In fact, there are times Shortstop will do something like try a new veggie or pick up his toys and say "Tell [Fullback] I did it!"  So he already wants to be a good example to his little brother. (And yes we have used that to our advantage, thank you!)



Sometimes Shortstop is the only thing that can really make Fullback laugh or smile when he is tired or having a hard moment.  I cannot get enough of their interaction and I can't believe I get to be this little guy's mom!

After he eats at 7:30 in the morning I like to snuggle with him until Shortstop wakes up.  This face is what I get to stare at to start my day...not too shabby

Things he is doing:

  • Trying sooo hard to sit up on his own
  • Rolling from front to back and back to front but is usually content however he is first laid down
  • Laughing all the time
  • Enjoying rice cereal...might be an understatement.  He eats it so fast!
  • Down to two naps a day but both are long
  • Sleeping 11-12 hours a night still
  • Wakes up talking or singing but usually not crying
  • Loves to be held and loves to cuddle up
  • Makes the funniest clicking noise with his tongue...it reminds me of the alien sounds from the movie Signs
  • Cannot fall asleep unless his very soft blanket is up by or even on his face.  Makes me so nervous that he will suffocate so I move it once he is asleep
  • Still not a fan of the pacifier but never needs it anyway so no complaints there
Stats:
Weight- 15 lbs 11 oz- 20th percentile
Height- 17.5 inches- 60th percentile
Head- 27.5 inches- 60th percentile

The doctor called him small which seems so weird to me because he seems so much bigger than Shortstop did!  

No comments: