Monday, March 18, 2013

St. Patrick's Day

Many of you may know that I love this holiday.  All growing up my mom made this day special, another fun holiday to celebrate.  And LONG before pinterest, she was dying our toilet water green and making green breakfasts.  I love carrying on this tradition with my family.  The toilet water was indeed turned green and of course we had fun hand soap all month.
Because it was on Sunday we had our regular St. Pat's t-shirts but only wore them around the house.  Because our ward meets at 3:00 pm, we had plenty of time to enjoy them.
This is what I get when I tell Shortstop to smile

My happy little leprechaun

The night before, we told Shortstop that a nice leprechaun would leave treats in his shoes if he left them out.  He was very excited to see what he got the next day!
Our nice little leprechaun and the treats/shirts he left Shortstop and Fullback

Breakfast was so fun...and I changed it up a bit.  Usually we do green pancakes or waffles but this year I decided to do a rainbow of pancakes and I love how it turned out.
You have to have gold at the end of the rainbow!

The milk was even green. :)

After church we had green spaghetti, green beans, green jello and Sprite with green kool-aid ice cubes.  My mom used to make corned beef and cabbage but I hated that, sorry mom.  And getting home at 6:00 on Sundays we have decided to always have spaghetti...so dye the water green and voila!


Happy St. Patrick's day and hope you all had fun celebrating.

2 comments:

Rachel Durazzani said...

Um...when did Luke grow up?! Holy cow! And he's a little blondie. Such a fun holiday!

Ashley said...

So cute!! Oh I miss that squishy Lukey boy.