Thug gangsta
- If I am feeding Fullback and Shortstop needs something, he just waits patiently and will tell me to feed him "mommy's milk, burp him, then come help me."
- There is a musical glow bug that we keep in Fullback's crib. One day Fullback was laying on my bed and Shortstop got in with him and sat next to him while he read his book. I heard the glow bug start up and noticed Shortstop had gotten it out of the crib laid it next to his brother. But it only plays one song at a time. And I kept hearing it start over but I knew Shortstop was reading. I looked in to see Shortstop still reading his book and every time the glow bug would stop, without even taking his eyes off the page, he would reach over and start it again. Just to keep Fullback happy.
- Shortstop now carries around this batman racer cave as a stool. Today he went in to Fullback's crib when he heard him fussing, climbed on it, peered in and fixed his blanket, pacifier and glowbug. I walked in to see Fullback just grinning up at his brother and Shortstop talking to him in a soothing voice.
- He lets me know if he spits up and is quick to bring me a burp cloth.
- He has asked me to leave him alone with Fullback so they can "just play and be nice." He loves having alone time with "his" baby.
- In the mornings when Fullback wakes up Shortstop gets so excited to say hi and hug him. He asks permission to hug him, tickle his feet, touch his head, anything at all because he knows he needs to be soft.
- After each hug he gives him he says "Oh he loves me so much." I guess we have said that to him a lot!
- He loves to mimic Fullback's random arms movements and still thinks his squeaks are hilarious and "so cute".
- He likes to lay on his back next to him on his own blanket and just stare at him.
- He tells him stories and likes to show him toys
- I used to sing "Rockabye baby" to Jack a lot and would change the words to "down will come Jack boy cradle and all". Well, one day I was singing it to Fullback and paused at that part not wanting to hurt Shortstop's feelings if I changed the name. He noticed the pause, looked at me and said "Sing it 'down will come Luke boy' mom". It touched my heart that he knows some things have to change with a new baby.
- If I call Fullback "fuss bucket" or "shmoopsie" or another silly name we like to use, Shortstop says "Oh no mom...he is baby Yuke. Ok?"
- Turning on the papisan music or the glow bug is Shortstop's job and don't even think about trying to take that away from him. He can hear if you do it in the other room and comes running in "No I can help baby Yuke!!"
- He will turn lights on or off for me depending on if Fullback is awake or asleep. He also will go check on him at random times to tell me what is going on.
- He likes to remind Fullback to fold his arms during the prayer. :) Such a good example.
- The few times we have all been in the car have been fun to watch Shortstop as he looks over quite often to make sure his brother is ok. Then he will tell me the play by play. "Mom, Yuke is awake. Yuke is asleep. Yuke yawned. Yuke spit. Yuke doesn't want his pacifier."
Had to include a pic of his eyelashes
I am so blessed and so grateful to have such a good helper. Today when we were playing I asked what he wanted to do next and he said "Ummm...let's just clean up my room and then we can play light sabers." He loves to organize and clean which helps so much around the house during the day. I could not ask for a set of boys!



4 comments:
hehe that is so cute. What a good big brother, I'm very impressed!
I love how you document his cute behaviors, amazing children.
You are definitely raising them right and very blessed. I love all these little tidbits about your sons.
How did you do it? I'm so impressed with Jack. High five to the big brother :)
Post a Comment