Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Movie dreams

Have you ever gone to a movie that was so good/disturbing/thought provoking that you dreamt about it all night long?
Well...I did last night.  Mark and I were able to go on a date (thank you Meghan for watching the boy!) and go see Hunger Games.  We read these books out loud together a couple of years ago and were hooked.  So when there were whisperings of a movie we re-read them on our own.
The countdown began to when the movie came out and we would get chills when we saw trailers.  And it did not disappoint!  I laughed, I cried, I jumped, I hurt Mark's hand squeezing so tight during tense moments.  Very rarely do I walk out of a movie made from a book without any disappointments.  The book is ALWAYS better.  Congratulations Hunger Games movie makers....you nailed it!
Mark and I could not stop talking about it all the way home and then with his little sister who came over later that evening and then again with each other before we fell asleep.  So it only makes sense I dreamed I was Cato's best friend and then Katniss' sister and then a tribute in the arena.
It was not a very restful night of sleep but it was awesome to dream about and think about such a great movie...disturbing...but great.  Who has that kind of an imagination to write a story where 24 kids fight to the death?  I say that takes talent!
So if you have yet to see the movie, try to go.  I know it just came out but don't wait.  And if you have never read the books, go read them!  You can borrow my copies if you like (after my sister in law is done with them...she is so excited to read them!)
I cannot wait until it is in the dollar theater so I can go again...and maybe again.  And yes I will be pre-ordering the DVD the second there is an option to!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Eeeks! I can't wait to go!

Rachel Elkington said...

I saw it, and dreamt about it the same night, too! It's fantastic! I think the rest of the movies will be far better than the books. I thought book two was okay, and I didn't bother to read three, because of the reviews. I think the director set up some of the themes to play out much more contiguously in the next movies, instead of seeming like whole new plot lines like they do in the books. (yup, I'm a HungerGeek!)