Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Jedi in training

I got married to Mark having never seen ANY of the Star Wars movies. I know, I know, it is awful or as he put it, "That is just not American". So a couple of years ago I lost a bet or something lame like that and had to watch all six of them...and they weren't half bad. I have not seen them since but I am not opposed to them. Mark really likes them and loves that Shortstop gets a kick out of the light saber fights he sees on TV for the trailer of the 3D one coming out. So I made a comment about it on face book the other day and wouldn't you know it...his Aunt Rae sent him two full size, with sounds and lights, light sabers that very week. She is the best!
We love getting stuff in the mail that Shortstop can open. He thinks it is so fun to tear things open! And then Mark was even more excited for what was in the box.
It was only fitting that we turned on the theme to Star Wars, turned off the lights and had a duel. They are so tall that Shortstop can't really hold it while standing but he still was able to defeat his Father. (And yet he was very concerned when Mark would not get back up. Such a nice Jedi.) I love that he looks back at me a few times to make sure I am watching.

3 comments:

Rachel Durazzani said...

Legend - wait for it - ary. Great photo and pictures. Such a fun gift!!!

.Chrissy said...

Oh my goodness!! I LOVE this!! This is seriously so fun!!!

Rachel Elkington said...

LOL - you guys are so much fun! Jack is the one who will bring balance to the force. Did Mark say "Jack, I am your father!" :) love!