Saturday, November 12, 2011

Yo Gabba Gabba

Life around here has been...kind of distracting I guess you could say. We have been busy and had a lot of things on our plates so Mark and I decided to take the afternoon on Wednesday and take the boy to Yo Gabba Gabba Live! (Love Groupon!) Now, my son does not stay entertained by tv for very long so we don't watch it often but he LOVES Yo Gabba Gabba. At first I fought it and was bugged to find out Mark had shown him a video of one of their songs and then I realized it would give me 20 minutes of peace and quiet if I needed it and finally I came to be ok with it. It is not my favorite show but it is upbeat, has good messages and Shortstop loves it. Mark loves it because the Aquabats, his favorite band, are the creators of the show. In fact, when we were first married and Mark would go to Aquabats shows, the characters actually made appearances. It was kind of funny to picture a bunch of ska loving teenagers and adults dancing to "Wiggle wiggle wiggle" before a show.

All ready in his Brobee t-shirt

We picked Mark up from work early and headed to Salt Lake. Shortstop was so excited to see the posters and toys for sale. He kept pointing at the large character cut outs and smiling (even though it doesn't look like it in this picture).

So when the show started, he was glued. Beforehand he was struggling and fussing so I wondered if this was a good idea. But I am not kidding, the minute the lights when down and DJ Lance came on stage he was so happy and sat in our laps the entire time.

There was one point when I looked over at Mark and saw him dancing with his little boy singing "Party in my tummy" and I laughed out loud. When did our lives turn into concerts of giant puppet characters singing about eating our vegetables?

But it was a great parenting moment of realizing that the best memories come from doing things to see your kids smile. (Can't wait to take Shortstop to Disneyland!)

We had to get him memorabilia from his first concert so we went with a Brobee backpack. He likes it as you can tell. His favorite is that you can wrap the arms around from the back since they are so long.

It was a wonderful evening.

3 comments:

.Chrissy said...

Aww! This is so sweet! I love the ending picture to top it off!

Alicia said...

That is so cool.

Rachel Durazzani said...

Fun! And I love that last picture. What good parents you are!