Monday, November 14, 2011

Nursery

This little guy is officially in Nursery at church. While I have been joking for the past few months that I could not wait for this day (so I could actually listen in Sunday School and Relief Society) I have been dreading it. He is my little baby...not a toddler who goes to a class without me!
We dropped him off and once he saw the blocks and cars he didn't cry or even notice we were gone. I cannot say the same about his parents. I sat in Sunday School next to Mark, he reached over and held my hand, smiled at me and said "This is different. Us holding hands in church again. You ok?" And I started to cry. Not a lot, but I missed him. It is the first of many things my Shortstop will do without us.

When we picked him up (after peeking in on him about 17 times) he saw me, started to cry and laugh at the same time saying "Mom, mom, mom." Then he was very excited to point to the door and say "Out". He drew us a picture which we proudly have hanging on our fridge.

Before church he likes to listen/ watch the Primary Songs on my iPad. Best app ever...thank you Rachel for introducing it to me. We use it on Sunday and for FHE. Anyway, we decided to listen to some fun songs to get him ready for Nursery. (I know he does not have pants on...he loves to take those off first thing in the morning and just be in his diaper.)

3 comments:

Shauna said...

When Logan went to nursery, I couldn't even go to class. I just stood in the hall and cried. Heaven help me when pre-school or kindergarden comes around. There is no love like a mother's love for her little boy. Glad you have a good husband to hold your hand.

Rachel Durazzani said...

Man he is CUTE! And yes, nursery is bittersweet. Glad he did so well!

The Swansons said...

He is so cute!!!