So here it is...the post about our new place. Sorry it took a little while. I just wanted to be all moved in before I took pictures. We unpacked our last box last night and Mark assembled the last bookshelf. He has worked soooo hard on everything and still is working full days at work. I am so lucky to have him around.
Before I get to the pictures I just wanted to update on what this transition has been like for me. From the get go I just knew and had confirmations that this was the right choice. Although being a Hall Advisor only took me away from my house maybe 10-12 hours a week, I still worked a lot in my house and my mind was always busy thinking about freshmen, training, RAs and who knows what else. My mind was never able to concentrate fully on being a mom or a wife and I was also pretty tired in general. Anyway, I love the new place and the time I have on my hands but it has been more of an emotional adjustment than I thought it would be. This week is RA training and it is one of the weeks I just loved in my job. Each morning I have thought about what I would be presenting or teaching, what activities we would be doing and so on. I miss it. I miss it a lot. I am lonely yet happy, nervous yet excited, unmotivated yet ambitious for future projects. So as you can see, lots of emotions going crazy!
It was hard to say goodbye to our little place. Mark and I just stood there for a minute after everything was moved and talked about how many memories we made there. It was a great little home and we will always remember our time in the "dorms". By the way, the move went so smoothly and we had some great help with the moving and with watching Shortstop. Thank you to everyone who helped throughout the week and on the Saturday we moved.
Now for pictures. First, the old tiny apartment with and without furniture:
Front door

Kitchen


Desk/ Office


Bathroom (I did not get a picture before we moved)


Bedroom...the only one. You can see Shortstop's crib at the foot of the bed


Our AWESOME accordion door. I mean, who has that in their home?! So great

Living room and playroom





You will notice there is no washing machine area...I forgot to take one of the basement, where I shared two washers and two dryers with 60 young men. That is one part I will NOT miss. :)
And now for the new place. I love that Shortstop has his own room! He is sleeping better and has his own space for all his toys and books. It is wonderful. The first night or two was hard on both me and him. I kept going in and checking on him and he was a little nervous. Now, he loves it! We kept his pack and play as his bed...he does well in it and will be in a big boy bed soon enough. No need to buy a new crib.
Entry way


This is Mark's favorite part. I found this old school vintage mitt at an antique store

We have a Jack and Jill bathroom between our room and Shortstop's

This is right outside his door...and his favorite area. All his books accessible to him. Sometimes he sits and plays here for 30 minutes at a time, just reading.

My kitchen...it is more than a hallway!

Laundry room...I love these machines!

On the wall by the front door

Living room view from the kitchen/ fridge

View from the front door


We love this bookshelf! Can you see the awesome vintage camera top middle? My mom gave me my dad's old camera and it looks great with my old books

Guest bathroom. Thanks to Alicia for picking out these decorations from my favorite store in Twin Falls



Our bedroom



Our bathroom


So there you have it. Feel free to come and visit...I have room for people to hang out now and not just in the lobby! (Although those were good times and we loved being able to have so much room out there.) Thanks for sticking with me through the long post!
11 comments:
Looks like a great place. Glad y'all are all settled in!
I forgot that Snow hall is now a boy's hall! How sad!!! You're new place looks great!
How is it possible that you are more moved in than we are...and we've been here 2 years?!
Looks really, really great. So happy for you!
jacque, you are amazing. I'm glad you are sharing your thoughts and the mixed emotions of this new stage. But your house is beautiful, I love that picture of Jack reading a book in the hallway! So cute! (I'm slightly jealous). Your home reflects your heart and its a beautiful and happy place.
That looks so good, I can't wait to come and see it!
It looks great! Your decorations are so cute! I'm happy for you!
wahoo! You're very own space! My heart swelled when I saw your new kitchen. So roomy! I can't wait to come over and have you make me dinner (with a dish towel over your shoulder).
I love your new home! You've done a fantastic job decorating it! I've missed you SOO much this week, it's been hard without you. Work is so weird without you, I miss our daily phone calls. Let's get together soon! I want to hear all about your wonderful new life!
Your new apartment is LOVELY! I'm so excited for you:) We miss you at work, but I'm so happy for you!
How exciting to be all settled in! Your home looks amazing!
Very cute place. Glad you have more space.
Post a Comment