Thursday, April 7, 2011

What does April mean to you?

For some, like Mark, April means lots of baseball. Others look forward to it because it is Spring and usually warm. For me...April means check outs. It is the busiest time of year for me, maybe second with August taking the lead for check ins and RA training. Last year at this time I was very pregnant and was supposed to take it easy and basically be on bed rest. Not really an option in my job but I made it through without an early delivery. This year I am so glad not to have a big belly in the way of cleaning inspections and building shut downs.
Last week I brought home a file box Mark knows well and it is the check out box. Each Hall Advisor has one. We make binders for ourselves and RAs to keep organized. When Mark saw it he said, "Well, see you in a month." And it is basically true. But check outs really do not stress me out. I have done them so many times that as long as my RAs keep on top of the assignments I give them, it is not a bad week, just busy. And at 10:00 am on Saturday the 23rd, I make sure the last resident is out, have 5 hours to prep and get the buildings ready for my Spring students and the cycle repeats.
So far it has been a pretty nice month. General Conference was wonderful and relaxing. Saturday was so warm that in between sessions we took a walk to a park to have a picnic. Shortstop and I spent some time on the swings and then Mark spent some time teaching him how to fly.
Our picnic was great and even with all the toys we brought for the little guy, he wanted to play with the lid of our laughing cow cheese. Look at that face! So silly!
He did really well letting us listen to the talks which I was grateful for.

I had to add this picture for his great-grandparents on Mark's side. They are HUGE Oregon ducks fans and when Nana gave this to Shortstop we knew they would approve.
And last, a video. I feel like it has been too long without Shortstop pics or videos. He has become such a ham. He knows when he is being funny and likes to get a reaction. This is his newest thing. He acts sad and then looks to see if I am responding the way he wants. I love it! He is such a joy in our lives and I am scared to have another one ever because Shortstop has been so perfect I don't know what I would do with anything less. But that is no time soon so no worries there. :)

4 comments:

Shauna said...

I feel like Logan and shortstop have such similar personalities. I am with you on the second babe thing. Life is so perfect with one lil' darling boy. Although on some days, I think it would be fun to have TWO darling hams. Twice the entertainment right?

Alicia said...

He is too cute! Good luck with checkouts, you do such a great job with your job!

Megan said...

April. It means a lot of things to me. It means busy, just like you, but it also means relief. It means celebration. It means a challenge.:) and your son is so cute Jacque. I love the photos you posted.

Ashley said...

Love the pics--the one of Mark throwing Jack in the air is awesome!