Mark and I have one car. And that works for us. I work where I live and can walk with Shortstop to most places we need/want to go. Mark and I have gone back and forth on getting a second car, but I really love not having any payments toward anything so I am kind of holding back. I don't mind it for the most part and when Mark gets home I can run my errands before my nighttime meetings. But today, I have a meeting and can't get a ride and don't have time to walk. So Mark found a guy to carpool with. When I woke up I thought "I can't just let this opportunity of having a car slip by for only a meeting!" So I called my nanny and went out. That's right, I just went out to drive and run some errands. The window was down, my music was up and I felt like a normal human. Not a mommy, not a hall advisor, just a free person doing what I wanted. Does that sound selfish? I don't mean for it to be; I just forgot what a blessing having a car is. I even went and got a quick pedicure with a certificate I had. And I read a book while getting my toes painted. A leisurely book! I am so grateful Mark was willing to carpool. I am grateful for how sweet he is and his encouragement for me to make sure I did something nice for myself. I feel all set to be car-less again and have no problems with it. Random side note: This is Shortstop's latest thing...he makes the "OK" sign with his fingers. I had to add it in because it is so cute!

5 comments:
Good for you, everyone needs a break, glad you took one. And I didn't mention the super cute Easter, Disney stuff. Awesome, you are such a good mom!!!
Nice! Glad you got out.
I love this. It's so often that I need to be going somewhere that I love just going for a drive. Im glad you had an enjoyable time for yourself. You deserved it.
not selfish at all!!!! i love to get out, just me at least once a week (doesn't happen, but i would prefer it). it rejuvinates me and helps me feel better about myself and my family! good for you!
Good for you, it is so nice to be out by yourself!! We all need it. Plus you have an awesome nanny, I love her. So glad you gave me her contact info! Thanks
Post a Comment