Monday, April 11, 2011

Family pictures and 11 months


So yesterday was a very busy day and I did not get around to posting about Shortstop being 11 months old! If you are saying "No way...where did that time go?" welcome to the club. Next post about his age will be when he turns a year old. I can't have a year old child! Shortstop is so much fun and I know I say that with each post but really he is. He is so laid back and happy, which his Nana says is just like Mark was as a child.
  • He knows when he is being funny and loves to get a laugh
  • Still no teeth- my MIL confirms that most of her kids' teeth came in late so it is genetic. And I have heard the longer they take to come in, the stronger they are!
  • He can say "mama" "dada" "yuck" "quack" "nana" "sheshus" (Jesus) and "bah-buh" (Grandpa- my dad just taught him this one this weekend)
  • He loves to be held and to cuddle
  • He sleeps through the night with the occasional random screaming fit (can babies have bad dreams at this age)
  • He waves all the time
  • He moves backwards on his stomach with his arms very well and gets to where he wants by pushing back then turning his body once he is there
  • He eats everything in sight and eats almost all day long
  • He is done nursing. This was very hard for me as I wanted to nurse him until he was a year but two weeks ago he just was not interested and it was almost a fight to get him to nurse. Broke my heart, I cried a lot but I realized he knows what he wants and I can't be upset by that. Nursing has been so easy for both of us so I am grateful for that.
  • He loves to turn the pages of his books and can sit for quite a while "reading" by himself
  • He has rhythm- he can find a beat and bounce or clap along. When a song on the radio changes, he listens very still then bounces correctly
  • He picks things up with his thumb and pointer finger quite well
  • He points at everything and just talks your ear off with the most intense and serious facial expressions...he has got some great stories!
  • Being outside is his favorite thing and if the wind gets him in the face he just laughs and laughs
  • He is a little guy- still wearing 9 months clothes and a few 6 month. With everything he is eating I have no idea where he is storing it
  • And he has the BEST laugh in the world...see video below to confirm


Now on to the family pictures. In January my sister in law did a little photo shoot with us in Seattle at the public library. It was a rough day (lots of rain, a little boy without a nap and my hair just was not working!) and yet Allis caught some GREAT pictures. Thank you some much sis. We love them!


6 comments:

Carrie said...

So very cute. Trevyn liked watching the video.

Alicia said...

Awesome family pictures! You look beautiful. Ya, where did the time go, so crazy!

Ashley said...

Great pics...he is just such a fun little guy! So glad we get to be around to watch him grow up, and enjoy that big gummy smile. :)

Landon and Dana said...

you are gorgeous as usual jacque! that little jack of yours is so stinkin cute! at this age they become such sponges and start to learn so much so fast.... i LOVE it!

Rachel Durazzani said...

Oh shoot. He is so cute! Love the video. Can't believe he's already almost one and he hasn't even met his favorite aunt yet.
And those family pictures are awesome. You look so beautiful and Jack is adorable and Mark's pretty handsome (didn't want to leave him out). Love you guys!

Carol said...

You are correct, that little guy is a doll and I don't mean Mark. He is cute, but Jack is cuter. Love the story line, love the pictures and especially the family pictures. You are gorgeous, Mark is handsome and Jack if just down right adorable all the way.