This last weekend my cute sister in law competed in DanceSport at BYU so she and my mother-in-law came into town for a few days. Allis has done this for a few years now and we always get to watch and it is always so fun. Last year, I was 7 months pregnant with Shortstop but this year he got to watch while on Nana's lap. He was pretty good and liked bouncing along with the loud music.
Here Aunt Allis is explaining what is means to be a ballroom dancer. He loves his Aunt Allis!


One day my nanny was not able to make it and I had 4 hours of meetings. As Mark and I talked over options, in front of my mother-in-law, she had a little grin on her face and raised her hand and said "Could I watch him?" I honestly did not even think about it because it was her vacation and I forget that the best part of a vacation is watching a grandchild. She was so excited to spend the afternoon with him going on walks, showing him off to Aunt Allis' friends and just loving him. He LOVES his Nana (we have officially decided on this as her name and Poppa for Grandpa Elkington's name).
We enjoyed going out to Olive Garden and Brick Oven with Mark's mom and she loved letting Shortstop taste desserts and soda...what is a Nana for if not that!?


And one night she even read a bedtime story to her two boys.

This last weekend we of course watched the BYU games in our Jimmer t-shirts. Shortstop loves sports! It was a great weekend all around.

And now some videos with new tricks! Shortstop has started waving, pointing at stuff with a sly look on his face and even scooting backwards to get where he wants. It is so cute! He turns his body the direction he wants and then scoots. He is getting so close to crawling, I can just feel it!
2 comments:
oh my gosh Jacque! He is so cute! i loved that age, they start really noticing things and being super interested in everything around them. it's so fun!
he can wear tails and be so manly! just saying. :)
Post a Comment