A lot has changed in our home this past week and all of it is exciting. Mark graduated in April and has since been looking for a job. He has had a few offers but not exactly what he wanted. Because of my job, we had the luxury of being picky with what he accepted or turned down. Well, a couple of weeks ago he went to the BYU career fair and found what he was looking for. It is a company called Boostability. He talked with them, gave his resume and a week later got a call for a phone interview. One thing lead to another and a few more interviews later, he got the job! Yay! I am so proud of him! It is an on line advertising consluting agency for Search Engine Optimization. I just type it, I don't know what it means.

When we thought about graduation and the next step, we had hoped and dreamed to go up to Seattle or some far away big city since he is in advertising. But that was in a different economic time. Since then it has not been a great time to job hunt. So we decided that no matter where the job was, if it was the right fit, we would take it. So...the job he just got is in American Fork. Not as far out of Utah as we had hoped but again, we are just grateful. He starts next week and we can't wait.

Because it is not a long commute we decided I would stay a hall advisor for a few reasons: 1) to save money, 2) to make sure this is what he wants to do before we uproot our lives and lose benefits and a steady paycheck and 3) because it is easier to stay here and try one new thing at a time. Well, with that came another change. Mark's previous part time job allowed him to make his own hours and come home to be with Shortstop anytime I had meetings. So now that he has a regular 8-5 career, I needed to start looking for a nanny. I wanted to get someone who could be consistent during the week and even on call for evenings so Mark and I could have regular dates. I posted on care.com and within 36 hours had 16 responses. Another blessing! And as fate would have it one of those responses was a girl I know because she was an RA last year. It eased my fears so much hiring someone who has been a nanny and someone I already know I can trust. She will be here for 3 hours a day, 4 days a week so not too long but it will help me immensely.

So there are the changes in our lives. We are happy to have so many blessings all within 2 days time. It is nice that I actually like my job too or this would not be fun. My residents this year are great and my RAs awesome as well so that helps. Mark can't wait to start, work hard and move up in the company quickly. :) Thanks for those who have been praying for us and wishing us the best of luck!
7 comments:
Yeah! Congratulations! That is SO exciting. And I'm thrilled that you are sticking around!
That's so awesome!! Congratulations! If you ever want to switch babysitting we could do that. I work 3 days/week about 4 hours. Just a thought. I have family who watches her, but sometimes they have things that come up. Plus Izzy loves to play with other babies. So let me know if you ever need help!! My # is 318-7037
Congrats, we're so excited for you guys!
So happy for you! All of it is such good news.
AAAAH!!! Hooray!!! Hooray!! That's fantastic!! Oh! I can't wait to hear the details!
Love you!
Yay! Exciting changes. So happy for you guys! When things are right they just seem to fall into place sometimes.
Wahoo! And I'm so thrilled that you found a good nanny so quickly. There is nothing better than knowing you can trust the person watching your boy.
Post a Comment