So I took a time out yesterday. First, I got a pedicure. Isn't it so cute?!
I went to a Spa/salon where my sister in law works. Down in Spanish Fork, Prestige. I recommend it. Then Mark and I took a Babymoon. This is something I read about in one of the many baby/ pregnancy books I have and I have been planning this since I was 3 months pregnant. You go away for one night with your husband, anywhere you want whether it be a hotel or bed and breakfast, whatever. We chose to go to the Castle Creek Inn, again I recommend it. It is in Cottonwood heights and is awesome! We stayed in the King's Lodge which had a pool table, breakfast nook, king size bed, whirpool tub with jets and lights and big screen tv (well big screen compared to what we have), complimentary drinks and treats, dvds to borrow and a great breakfast! It was so relaxing. Mark had won a gift certificate out to dinner at a grad party so we went out to eat first and then left Provo. One of the rules was, we were not allowed to talk about Shortstop or baby stuff at all. We caught up on everything and enjoyed our little vacation. We both needed it.
We got back this morning and as I walked into my apartment I already had notes slid under my door, messages on my phone and emails to catch up on from RA's and residents alike. But, I am totally okay with it all. My feet look adorable, I got a good night's sleep without hearing 60 boys running around the halls and Mark's graduation is just around the corner. Life couldn't be better!
8 comments:
Fun! Cute toes. We could use a "BabyMoon" now that our baby is almost a year. So excited...you're so close!
I'm excited you started a family blog so I can keep up with you better! Fancy toes... I have only had one pedicure in my life and loved it. Good for you, taking time out like that. My mom just offered to keep our kids for our anniversary in May and I am so excited!
Did you see the episode of Scrubs this season where JD and Elliot took a Babymoon? I think it was this season...regardless, yours sounds WAY better;)
All very cool and way cute toes. I need an escape.
So nice! WE should have done that!
So glad you had a good (well deserved!) babymoon!! Good luck this week, friend! It was so fun to talk yesterday!
I should have started that comment with: the blog is darling!!! Because it is!
What a fun idea...glad you had the opportunity to do that. Diddo to Alicia...need an escape.
Post a Comment