Saturday, August 12, 2017

Under anesthesia...again

Poor Fullback...this kid has been under anesthesia now FOUR times.  I have NEVER had to be under anesthesia so I have no idea how scary it must be for him.  This time is was for dental work...and a LOT of it.  Man alive, we floss and brush and do mouthwash every day and yet he had 8 things that needed fixing, including two temporary silver crowns which we call his pirate teeth.  He was such a trooper, walked right to the back with the doctor, never fussed as they put the mask on him and as he was coming out, he was cuddly and sweet and just wanted to know "if the doctor fixed it and did a good job."  And knowing he had a brand new toy at home waiting for him didn't hurt.  I will never get used to watching my baby walk back with a doctor knowing he will be unconscious and there is nothing I can do for him until he wakes up.  But lots of prayers and a father's blessing the night before helped calmed my nerves and his and it ended up going very smoothly.  The anesthesiologist the dentist and nurses all commented on how agreeable, sweet and cute he was.  That's an obvious statement! :)


Just contemplating the meaning of life...



No comments: