Mother's day was very nice this year. It is a rough holiday so now I have decided to not see it as a break or a holiday at all but a day to really soak up the joys of motherhood...and that often includes a guilt free nap since Mark is home from meetings on Mother's day. Hey, no one said you have to soak up the joys of motherhood WITH your children.
But it was a nice day. Mark let me get ready uninterrupted for over an hour so I listened to talks on motherhood as I got ready for church. It was very enjoyable and helped bring a peace to this day that can sometimes be lost.
Church was enjoyable and I got to go to relief society since the men were subbing all the Primary and Young Women classes. Oh how I miss being with the women of my ward! Don't get me wrong...I love teaching the young women but it was nice to be in a class where I was being taught. Plus they had a delicious luncheon spread we could enjoy while the lesson was happening.
Mark got me a beautiful pair of diamond earrings that I just love! He knows the way to my heart! The rest of the day was spent napping, enjoying dinner and watching Singing in the Rain. Not a bad way to feel honored and loved.
Later in the week all the moms were invited to Shortstop's class for their last Tasty Tuesday. Once a month on a Tuesday they make a fun recipe in class and enjoy the eating it at the end of the day. I loved getting to be there with him for his last one. When I walked into his class he just grinned from ear to ear, ran over to hug me and led me to his desk holding my hand. Then he wanted to sit in my lap while we worked on our treat together. He presented me with an awesome book he made for mother's day and kept hugging me the whole time I was there. He has my heart!
No comments:
Post a Comment