We had just been up there a few weeks before for my nephew Reagan's Eagle Scout Court of Honor and my boys were counting down to when they could go back to Grandma and Grandpa's. The weather was incredible which was good because there were so many kids there that it was nice to herd them outside every so often.
The kids spent lots of time with cousins and I spent time with my sisters. We shopped, cooked, ate, shopped some more, made pretzel turkeys and gingerbread houses with the kids, watched football and stayed up way too late visiting, playing games and laughing. One afternoon we braved the crowds to go see Moana in the theaters...so worth it! We have been singing the songs ever since and listen to them all the time at home.
One of the nights my sisters and I went shopping we couldn't resist buying matching outfits for these rambunctious 4 year olds
All but 2 of my siblings were in town for Thanksgiving day. One sister went to her husband's family the day of Thanksgiving but we got to see her the rest of the time so I count her as having been there. The dinner was delicious and everyone contributed. I have some great cooks in my family and I enjoy cooking and baking as well. ACE was a huge fan of her first Thanksgiving dinner and ate everything I gave her. Her favorites were the sweet potato souffle and cranberry sauce (both a couple of the things I made...she must know my cooking!).
I love having a big family and having so many nieces and nephews for my boys to play with. There were some days I didn't see them for longer than I care to admit because they were having so much fun and I was too. We heard them, that's for sure, especially when the three little boy cousins who are all 4 (or close to it...Fullback turned 4 the following week) set up a huge pillow pile at the bottom of the stairs and slid down them. I remember doing that as a kid all the time! Shortstop is finding his place between the littles and the older cousins. He has a couple around his age which is so nice as he decides where he wants to spend his time.
ACE was a big hit with everyone as she just crawled around, happily picking up anything she could reach to play with or try to eat. There are times I am sad we are living in Utah...(I never wanted to live here). But then when I get to see my family for holidays and special events, I count my many blessings. Who knows when dynamics will change but for now I get to be with them whenever I want. And my parents are good sports to host and put up with all our shenanigans and crazy children.







No comments:
Post a Comment