Monday, October 27, 2014

Football: BYU homecoming and Itty Bitty football

Fall means a lot to of things to people but to my husband and sons, it means football.  Especially BYU football. This year Mark did Cosmo Cougar kids club with Shortstop again and the first game they had tickets to was homecoming.  My sister Alicia and her family were in town to go so we met up with her and my other sister Rachel and her family for the BYU homecoming parade.  We love this tradition as a family and the excitement on the boys' faces during the parade makes it so worthwhile!




 Their favorite part was meeting Cosmo, of course.  Ok…well their real favorite part was probably all the candy they got.

After the parade we had lunch all together and then the girls went shopping while the boys took the little kids home for naps.  The game was an 8:15pm kickoff and so I was grateful when Shortstop took a LONG nap since he never naps anymore.  He had a great time and they stayed the whole game.  Mark said he was a trooper and had only one little tantrum.  And that is impressive since they got home at 1:30 in the morning!  These two are the best of football buddies! Actually they are the best of any sport buddies and Fullback is following suit.
 Such a poser!
He fell asleep partway through the 3rd quarter and slept the rest of the game

We decided to put Shortstop into Itty Bitty football since he loves watching the sport so much…it did not translate into enjoying playing the game.  He was super nervous, got embarrassed when he fell or messed up and really did not love it.  We went a few times but not every time.  Each morning I would ask him he would say "I just don't love going…a kid said he didn't like me and I get nervous to play.  Can we skip it today?"  Of course I never want to force him to do anything that makes him uncomfortable and I am sad he had a bad experience but maybe we can try again next year.




No comments: