His birthday was on a Saturday this year so we got him all day long! The night before I gave him a card with some options for breakfast and times he could sleep in till. He checked the boxes he wanted and that was that. After a nice morning of sleeping in, he woke up to french toast and bacon. I like to space presents out during the day so he opened one the night before at midnight, at breakfast, at lunch and before dinner. Once we were all ready for the day, we had cake and ice cream after lunch and then went to Seven Peaks ice skating. It was a blast! Obviously Fullback can't be on the ice but Shortstop and Mark had a great time. It was Shortstop's first time so he was a little nervous but loved that he was "doing what they do in Frozen!"
After skating and naps, I gave Mark his last gift by surprising him with a date that night with a babysitter all set up. He was stoked! We don't go out on dates enough but now we think we have a great little YW babysitter so hopefully we go A LOT. We went to sushi and Saving Mr. Banks. Such a fantastic movie!! You need to see it...seriously.
Shortstop has decided he gets to decorate cakes for birthdays. He did this all by himself!!
Creepy 29 year old picture...but I love that face!
Ready to make a wish!
He is so cute... sometimes I can't even stand it.
Learning how to walk in skates
Discussing and explaining the finer points of the zamboni
Mark, you are the most incredible person I have ever met and I am so grateful I get to celebrate each birthday with you. 29 looks good on you! The boys and I love you so much!!









No comments:
Post a Comment