Tuesday, July 16, 2013
How Instagram killed my blog
I know it has only been...well...less than a month...since I last blogged. But is has been a while since I have been really into blogging. I am trying to be excited to blog, I really am, but I feel so repetitive in my attempts. None of you know I am repeating what I say in my baby journals or our family journal but by the time I blog, I have already written down some things three times making this internet form the fourth time for me. Kind of hard to be motivated. But the real reason I have slacked off on the blogging front...Instagram. I love IG so very much. It is an in the moment quick picture of whatever is going on with a quick caption and then I can forget about it. Lazy? Maybe. Fun? Very. Easier than blogging? Oh yeah. So...I want to get back into blogging but now that google reader is dead and gone, who knows who will even read this? I know I personally have stopped reading all but my family's blogs cause I have no way to organize the countless others I stalked. (Why did that go away? Just curious). So...here's to hoping I can get motivated to blog again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I read it Jacque!!! :) Dana and Noelle are saying the same thing about Instagram and blogging... I don't have an iphone so I am not feeling the phenomenon. I love the journaling aspect of blogging, with text and photos together. My kids love it too, especially in book form. Totally your call, but I'm still here! :)
I'm with Lauren. i don't do the instagram thing, but if I were already good about writing things down in journals, I probably wouldn't keep a blog either. Good luck in finding motivation.
Still reading! :) I've never used google reader. I follow blogs with the follow tab and then go to my blogger dashboard to see when my friends update their blogs.
I have the opposite problem. I try to take a lot of care of my blog, but I find my motherhood journal is slacking lately. Thanks for the reminder that I need to get back to recording in there.
I think it's most important that we keep a record. I like to think our posterity will enjoy each form of record for different reasons.
Still reading... how can I find your Instagram? I will follow it! love!
I personally love that you're on Insta. :) Have you tried Feedly to follow blogs? I love it on my phone, but it's great on my computer too. Super easy to use. Try it!
Post a Comment